Thursday, November 12, 2009

My trip to the US

I booked my ticket to the US at least 3 months back, was to travel Delhi to Sacramento, San Jose and then Chicago. In the multitude transactions I had with the Travel agent (Yatra.com in this case) trying to get the best routing and the price I forgot to request the best of seats. SO finally ended up with 'make do' seating.

Came 30th Sept 2009 and me and wife boarded the flight to Munich then to Chicago (Port of entry into US). Came out of flight at 1830 in terminal 5, hurriedly collected the luggage, went past Immigration and Customs to hand over the suit cases to the United staff for onward journey to Sacramento. The flight was to leave from Terminal 1 at 1855. The attendants there told me that I will not make it to the flight but I insisted and went to board it. Just in time before they closed the gates.

Arrived at Sacaremento and didnt get my luggage. Imagine me and wife came to attend a marriage with all our fancy clothes and didnt get them on arrival.

It is a very long story (I had to 'hire' out my dresses for the wedding etc). To make it short, My luggage was handed over to me in Chicago on 18th Oct (19 days after arrival in the US).

The rest I will describe when I get into the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment