Friday, November 20, 2009

My Favorite Bagels

That was late June 2004, was waiting at the Hotel Mead, Wisconsin Rapids to be picked up by my prospective HR Vice President where I was to join later. We were to meet for a breakfast meeting, not nervous but very hungry. In a few minutes he arrived and took me to a Bagel restaurant. It was a simple and neat restaurant, it is now the time to order your breakfast. They will make it to your specific order and was bombarded with questions on what, how, which Bagel, what ingredients, toasted or not etc.. the questions came in plenty. As it is I was pretty hungry, fit to eat a horse at that time. Gave them whatever specifications I could understand (hoping that as long it is edible it should be fine). It was really a wonderful breakfast with Bagels and eggs and can never forget the experience.

Recently when I was in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago I was bent upon having the same Bagels as I had in 2004. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the restaurant so sent a message to my Vicepresident HR to get the name of the restuarant, pat came the reply 'Big Apple Bagel'. He remembered it so well as he took me to the same one on my request the next time I visited Wisconsin Rapids in 2006. Immediately I searched for their restaurants in Naperville and made my son take me there for a breakfast on a sunday. It was worth all the effort in locating my favorite Bagel Restaurant. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the Bagels. This time I was more prepared on what to order. I told the restaurant owner ( family owned franchise) the whole story and told him that we came all the way from India to have his Bagels, he was very thrilled. So what did we get as a surprise, a small cup cake for each one of us - on the house. Some got Pumpkin and some chocolate cup cakes.

If ever you are in the United States try to visit one of these Big Apple Bagel restaurants, dont come back without having one. The bagels costs us anything between $2.80 to $3.90 and worth the money.

The first impressions always are lasting impressions

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. My favorite is a really good bagel toasted with just butter, but they have to be really good bagels to be enjoyed like that.

    ReplyDelete